I ran with the group until around 8 miles then Logan and Seth pulled ahead. Sasha and I worked together until 12 when my stomach started cramping up and I just should have dropped out.
I got this mean cramp and I just thought it would work it's way out. I rememembered getting one in STG this year and it worked it's self out within 4-5 miles. But this one was more intense and within two miles it had me road-side doing a Sasha style #2 bathroom stop (I've never had to do that in a race). Then the pain just never went away. Anytime I'd try to push the pace I'd almost double over with a cramp. I tried holding my side but that didn't work either. Honestly I don't have a clue what it was from. I followed a simmilar pre-race schedule with food and stuff.... anyways it sucked and now it's over.
I thought coming into this race that a sub 2:30 was well within reach. I feel like if I'd have not had the stomach issues that would have been totally doable. Basically from mile 12 on I never got back in ANY kind of groove. I'm soo suprised someone didn't catch me because I just stopped caring about time- In fact at the aid station at around 18 I almost pulled out of the race but decided to just limp in so my mother-in-law wouldn't be waiting and worring the whole time.
Bottom line is we all have bad races. I've never had a bad marathon before and now it's over and I can move on.
Here are the lame splits-
7. 5:34- Rolling along with Seth, Logan, and Sasha
8. 5:40- Seth and Logan gap Sasha
9. 5:51- Sasha and I trade lead until 12 when I fall off the planet
10. 5:49- Interesting here Sasha starts doing these loud moan's and grunts for like 2 miles. It actually started to kind of be bothersome (No offense Sasha) But they were loud and frequent.
12. 6:00- Cramp starts almost right at the mile marker
13. 6:08- trying to breath and work through it
14. 6:05- by the time we get to the bottom of the "major hill" am going slow and scouting out a potty spot.
15. 6:48- This must be my potty mile. I stop here and this is were I totally lose track of Sasha.
18. 5:50- Almost stop here but push on. I couldn't muster anything on the good downhill because when I'd speed up it would really start to hurt.
22. 6:00- blah!
23. 5:48- Some good downhill here and I try to push just to see what happens.
24. 6:16- Now the tummy is really sore.
25. 6:29- Dodging halfers on in to my glorious finish!
last portion was at 6:05 (what a kick)
I had a great time up there with Logan and company at the pasta party. Thanks Logan. We even got to sleep at Logans grandparents house up by the start. Logan and I spooned all night as we shared a bed. (maybe my problem during the race) J/K.
Did a little over a mile warm-up with the boys and had 3 quality potty stops before the race. (I should have been ready to go!)
Overall I really liked the course. Very pretty and a good running layout. It was great weather too. I'd like to try it again when I was having a good day.